GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING – February 11, 2020
Meeting opened at 6:39pm at HVFD
Board Members –
Andre Jones, President
Sean Queen, Vice President
Tara Grim, Secretary
Patrick Parise, Football Commissioner
Nicki Daniels, Cheer Commissioner
Shawn Powell, Lacrosse Commissioner
Bill Elliott, Equipment Manager
Shannon Gatens, Cheer Assistant Commissioner
Katelynn Hall, Cheer Assistant Commissioner
Natalie Mirtich, Fundraising Coordinator
Voting Members –
Jennifer Elliott, Jim Lusby, Jermaine Bright, Kim Bright
· Shawn Powell presented lacrosse report as follows:
· Practices to be held at HPP, CMS & PPES. Practice times are approx.. 6pm - 8pm (at coach's discretion). Practices to start week of March 2nd. Some coaches opting to choose practice week prior.
· SMYLA game schedule not yet released.
· HYC home field for both boys and girls lacrosse this Spring is HPP Field 17.
· March 21st girls lacrosse games begin.
· March 28th boys lacrosse games begin.
· May 10th boys/SMYLA ALL STAR games.
· May 16th/17th boys/SMYLA Tournament (concludes season).
· May 17th girls end of season tournament (Lax-a-Daisy Tournament).
· No games Easter weekend.
· Unfortunately we did not field a Sticklettes team. Shawn Powell to notify 4 registered families and shutdown registration. HYC to provide full refund to families (including US Lax Membership fee refund).
· 8U Girls Lacrosse Head Coach: Julie Colianni / Assistant Coach: Shawn Powell. 8U girls to practice at PPES front field Tues/Thurs.
· 10U Girls Lacrosse Head Coach: Jim Lusby. 10U girls to practice at PPES Wed/Fri.
· 12U and 14U Girls Lacrosse teams have merged to 12/14U. Head Coach: Josh Howard / Assistant Coach: Dorothy Lantheir. 12/14U girls to practice at CMS Tues/Thurs.
· U7 Boys Lacrosse Head Coach: Ryan Frasier. U7 boys will practice at PPES front field Wed/Fri. Possible 2nd U7 boys team to be coached by Mike Minovitz pending registration numbers.
· U9 Boys Lacrosse Head Coach: Daniel Williams. U9 boys will practice at CMS front field Tues/Thurs.
· U11 Boys Lacrosse will have 2 teams. Head Coaches: Ray Vance and Greg Dodson. U11 boys will practice at PPES Tues/Thurs.
· SMYLA to revise U11 rules from 2019. U11 boys will play 10v10 full field with regulation size goals in 2020.
· U13 Boys Lacrosse Head Coach: Jim Lusby. U13 boys to practice at HPP field 17 Mon/Tues/Thurs. Possible 2nd U13 boys team to be coached by Sean Harrington pending registration numbers.
- U15 Boys Lacrosse Head Coach: Jason Willoughby. U15 boys to practice at CMS Mon/Wed/Thurs.
- Shawn Powell needs to purchase 3 additional goalie sticks (provided by HYC) as well as 8U girls swax balls.
- Boys and Girls lacrosse uniform orders to be sent tomorrow Feb. 12th.
- Promo Lacrosse (uniform provider) to offer limited time only online apparel store to our members again this spring. Store expected to open next week through 2nd week in March. All orders placed will be shipped once the store closes. New items added to store this spring: Lax Gear Backpack and Practice Jerseys.
- Patrick Parise presented update on Shed progress. 12X24 shed is currently being built. Hope to have complete in 3 weeks to be placed at Marley field next to the county shed currently located there.
- Patrick Parise presented price quotes he received for future Press Box at HPP field. 2 Story structure price ranges estimated from $11,200 - 20k. Looking for sponsors/donations to offset cost.
- Sean presented 2 mockups for new football uniforms for Fall 2020.
- Natalie discussed spring 5k. Discussed possible dates excluding May 3rd weekend as HHS Lax has their 5k that weekend. Andre to secure venue (trying to secure HHS).
· General Meeting adjourned at 8:08 p.m.
· Board and voting members stayed to vote for 2020 board elections.
· Each board member and 2 general voting members cast ballots with their selections.
· Andre Jones re-elected President.
· Sean Queen re-elected Vice President.
· Tara Grim re-elected Secretary.
· Dayna Lusby re-elected Treasurer.
· Unanimous vote to elect 2 Cheer Assistant Commissioners. Shannon Gatens and Katelynn Hall both voted in as Cheer AssistanCommissioners.
· Ryan Frasier has stepped up and voted in as Boys Lacrosse Assistant Commissioner.
· Dorothy Lantheir has stepped up and voted in as Girls Lacrosse Commissioner.
· Girls Assistant Lacrosse Commissioner position is still vacant (no volunteers have stepped up for this position).
· President would like to add Secretary Assistant and Treasurer Assistant seats on the board due to the club's growth and having security we have members that can step into those roles on an as-needed basis. Tara to advertise positions to all members.
· Board members adjourned at 8:58 p.m.